Register as Press
- Complimentary press registration is available only to members of the working press who are writing articles or producing broadcast coverage about OTC (examples: reporter, editor, publisher, photojournalist, freelance writer*, etc.).
- Titles that will not be eligible include PR or marketing representative, account executive, corporate media relations staff, advertising sales, president, CEO and other non-editorial roles.
- Journalists must be employed by a news organization that covers the oil and gas industry.
- To ensure a secure conference, government-issued photo identification is required.
* Freelance writers must have a documented assignment from a specific news organization to receive press registration. Freelancers are required to provide proof of at least two bylined articles written within the past year for an assigned news organization that covers the oil and gas industry. You will be contacted by OTC for this documentation.
Press Guidelines For Photography And Audio/Video Recording
No audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed without OTC's permission. All journalists seeking to do any of these things must register as press and check in at the OTC press room. Read more about these guidelines.
Press Access to Breakfast Sessions, Luncheons, and Special Events
- Press are allowed to cover any ticketed event without a ticket, but are not offered a meal. We attempt to provide chairs for the press, but some events may be sold out and offer standing room only for press on a first-come, first-served basis.
- OTC will not provide press with complimentary tickets to any of the special events; however, you may purchase a ticket to an event.
- If you are traveling around NRG Park, we encourage you to allow yourself at least 15 minutes to accommodate walking and shuttle time.
On-site Press Room
Location: NRG Center, Level 2, Room 403-405
Members of the press will register or pick-up their badge in the press room. The press room also offers a quiet work space with complimentary internet access.
The press conference room is conveniently located next door in Room 406-407.
On-site Press Room Days and Hours
|Monday, 1 May||0700–1730|
|Tuesday, 2 May||0700–1730|
|Wednesday, 3 May||0700–1730|
|Thursday, 4 May||0700–1700|
Previous Press Releases
- OTC Names 2017 Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients (9 February 2017)
- Beneficiary Selected for OTC Distinguished Achievement Awards Luncheon 2017 (8 February 2017)
- OTC Event, d5, Inspired Professionals to Identify the Next Big Step for the Energy Sector (6 May 2016)
- 2016 Offshore Technology Conference Attendance Ranks in Top 15 (5 May 2016)
- OTC and United Against Human Trafficking Continue Partnership in 2016 (7 April 2016)