Monday, 1 May
The Next Wave
Building Tomorrow’s Leaders in Oil and Gas: Strategies and Ideas to Excel in the Present Day Climate
0800–1630 | NRG Center, Level 2 | Room 300
The challenges of the present day climate in the offshore oil and gas industry bring along with it the opportunity and lessons that can help shape today’s young professionals into world-class leaders of the future. With proper strategies and ideas to learn from the current industry challenges, the new wave of young professionals can not only excel in the present day environment but also position and shape themselves to lead the new world of work in the offshore industry.
The 2017 edition of The Next Wave program will address issues faced by young professionals and provide them with a comprehensive toolkit of ideas, suggestions, and strategies to help build them into well-rounded world-class leaders of the future.
Yuliya D. Marcer, Senior Counsel, BP America Inc.
Scott Nyquist, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company
Kristie Hartley, Vice President of Finance/CFO, Flow Systems & Solutions, Emerson Automation Solutions
C. Susan Howes, Vice President of Engineering, Subsurface Consultants and Associates, LLC
Bill Arnold; Professor, Practice of Energy Management, Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
Italo Cedeno, Advisor to the Executive President, Andes Petroleum Ecuador
Lees Rodionov, Human Resources Director, Production Group, Schlumberger
Cindy Yeilding, Senior Vice President, BP
Tickets are USD 60 and include breakfast, lunch, and a reception. Available when you register.
University R&D Showcase: Monday
0900–1700 | NRG Center, Level 2, Outside Room 600
The OTC University R&D Showcase provides universities the opportunity to share with attendees their current and planned R&D projects that are relevant to offshore technology. Participating universities will showcase their R&D projects during one of the four days of the conference. See the schedule for Monday.
OTC Brasil Day at OTC
1100 hours | NRG Center, Lobby C | OTC Events Booth
Hear what's planned for OTC Brasil 2017, happening 24–26 October 2017 in Rio de Janeiro.
- Joe Fowler, OTC Chairman
- João Carlos de Luca, OTC Brasil General Chairman
- Fernando Coelho Filho, Minister of Mines and Energy, Brazil
Rice Alliance Startup Roundup
1400–1700 | NRG Arena, Level 2, Stockman’s Club
The event is a partnership between OTC and the Rice Alliance. It will showcase up to 50 emerging energy companies available for investment. Rice Alliance Startup Roundup at OTC offers a great opportunity for attendees to learn more about these emerging businesses and enable potential partnerships and investments. Learn more.
Spotlight on New Technology Presentation
1600–1700 | NRG Center, Level 1, Rotunda Area
Each year, OTC recognizes innovative with the Spotlight on New Technology Award. This program is exclusively for OTC exhibitors and showcases the latest advancements. Join the presentation to see this year's winners who are leading the industry into the future.
Second Annual Reaching Out and Reaching Up: Networking in the Downturn
1600–1800 | NRG Center, Level 2 | Room 202
While the oil and gas market continues to fluctuate, it certainly remains challenging. We could all use a hand in this environment so join us for an afternoon of panel and round table discussions, resume building and interview tips, all with a focus on industry networking to help maintain your visibility in the current market. Whether you are an HR professional, IT professional, geoscientist, or engineer, there is something for you at this event.
During the event, participants will be able to work with experts during round table discussions focusing on:
- Knowing Yourself – What is Your Plan to Find the Next Job?
- Leveraging your strengths to build a career roadmap
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses
- What did you like about your last job?
- How do you transfer your skills to your next job?
- Resume writing
- How do you maximize your experience in a one-page format?
- What is Your Professional Reputation?
- Revamping your social media presence
- Pay it forward networking
- Taking your elevator speech up
- Productively bragging
- How do you share your achievements without sounding as if you are bragging?
- Effectively working with a recruiter
- Build a trusting relationship with a recruiter
- Quality vs. quantity in your relationship with a recruiter
- Looking behind the scenes to understand how recruiters/companies find you
- Becoming an independent contractor
- Getting the interview
- Identifying the target company
- Identifying the key people
- Making a positive first impression
- Coaching for the winning interview
- Post Interview etiquette – dos and don’ts